The Amazonian fruit açai, which comes from a palm tree, continues to become more popular and prevalent because of its nutritional value, including compounds with potent anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties. These açai berries have appetite suppression qualities, are rich in fiber and help the digestive system, allowing the body to process foods better and burn fat more efficiently. This makes it easier to maintain a healthy weight and avoid unnecessary excess pressure on joints.
While there are several options of that can be added, below are ones sure to add nutritional value:
- Bananas contain high amounts of rutin, a compound that complements the activity of vitamin C, helps to maintain strong, flexible blood vessels and possesses antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, and anti-cancer properties. As much as bananas are protective, they are also very significant mood food.
- Raw Almonds a study from the University of Toronto suggests that eating a healthy diet, including reduces inflammation by about the same level as taking a first-generation statin drug.
- Figs are loaded with antioxidants that stop free radicals from damaging cells and creating new inflammation in the body and have phytochemicals that help reduce inflammation.
- Cranberries are high in antioxidants and anthocyanins, which give them their deep red color and have anti-cancer and anti-inflammatory properties.
- Cacao nibs provide crunch to granola and a dark chocolate flavor – bitter and fruity; the cocoa flavonoids help to decrease inflammation and improve the overall immune response.