This perfectly proportioned, light, and fruit-filled dessert makes it easy to share and hard to resist. The freshness of the blueberries adds to the sweetness of the dates and the crunch of the cacao nibs to make it delectable, and with its added anti-inflammatory health benefits, there is no reason to resist!
- Almonds: full of polyunsaturated and monounsaturated fats but contain very little unhealthy saturated fat, which provides major anti-inflammatory effects. Almonds are also an excellent source of Vitamin E reduces inflammation and may protect the body from the effects of harmful free radicals.
- Blueberries: with compounds, flavonoids, and vitamins, including significant levels of Vitamin C, these berries fight inflammation and can even reduce chronic inflammation.
- Dates provide various antioxidants including flavonoids, carotenoids, and phenolic acids, which have been studied for their anti-inflammatory, anticancer and brain-protective properties. The antioxidants protect cells from free radicals, which are unstable molecules that may cause harmful reactions and lead to disease.
- Maple Syrup: contains a molecule called quebecol, which has anti-inflammatory properties.
- Cacao nibs provide the bitter and fruity flavor of dark chocolate, along with a bit of crunch. The cocoa flavonoids in dark chocolate help decrease inflammation and improve overall immune response.
- Coconut oil and shredded coconut: The polyphenol compounds (micronutrients sometimes found in plant-based ingredients) provide the antioxidants to fend off free radicals and inflammation. Coconut oil, raw coconut, and high quality are the best choices to maximize the anti-inflammatory benefits of coconut.